Vibrant Sea™ is a highly concentrated blend of salts formulated for marine and reef aquariums that contains all essential major, minor, and trace components found in natural seawaters, plus the added advantage of enhanced potassium levels. Its formulation is ideal for the reef environment and will provide accurate seawater concentrations of magnesium, calcium, and strontium with proper alkalinity and pH for closed reef aquarium systems.
Vibrant Sea™ is an anhydrous salt, which allows for unparalleled uniformity from batch to batch as well as the ability to produce more saltwater from less salt. In addition, it is highly soluble and can mixed and used in the same day.
At a specific gravity of 1.026, Vibrant Sea™ will yield the following:
Alkalinity: 3-4 meq
Calcium: 425-445 mg/L
Magnesium: 1,250-1,350 mg/L
Potassium: 500-550 mg/L
Strontium: 8-10 mg/L
- Mix Vibrant Sea™ with dechlorinated tap or purified water. We recommend the use of a commercial dechlorinator like Prime® to neutralize any tap water chlorine and/or chloramines. If source water quality is extremely poor we recommend purification with a Seachem Pinnacle™ RO/DI system.
NOTE: To prepare small quantities, add 27 g of Vibrant Sea™ per 1 liter of water for a specific gravity of 1.020. Add 31 g per 1 liter for 1.023. For larger quantities, use 1/2 cup per 6 L (1.58 US gallons) for a specific gravity of 1.020 or 1/2 cup per 5.25 L (1.38 US gallons) for 1.023.
- Stir well until thoroughly dissolved. Vibrant Sea™ is then ready for immediate use. Excessive mixing may result in cloudiness. Cloudiness will dissipate when the Vibrant Sea™ solution is added to the aquarium.
- Measure speciﬁc gravity. For reef aquarium 1.020 – 1.025 at 24°C (75°F) is recommended. NOTE: 540 g of Vibrant Sea™ is formulated to create 20 liters of saltwater at a speciﬁc gravity of 1.020 and 620 g will create 20 liters at 1.023.
- Adjust salt level accordingly. If speciﬁc gravity is too low, add more Vibrant Sea™. If too high, add more dechlorinated or puriﬁed water.
- Change 20% of aquarium water every two weeks (or as necessary) to maintain optimum water quality.
USAGE NOTE: NEVER mix salt in an aquarium containing animals. In New Aquariums: Transfer animals to the aquarium AFTER salt is completely mixed and aerated and specific gravity has been adjusted. Use Seachem’s Stability® to avoid “new tank syndrome” and prevent unnecessary animal losses in a new system.
NOTE: To control pH between water changes use Seachem’s Marine Buffer™ or Reef Buffer™. To restore trace elements between water changes use Seachem’s Marine Trace™ or Reef Trace™.